Friday, January 4, 2008

Taking care of business

Boy, what a week.

On Thursday, we bought a pimped out Macbook Pro and opened up several accounts with TD Canada Trust.

I still cannot believe that we simply walked into a Mac store and signed a purchase for a 17-inch 4GB RAM 2.4GhZ Macbook Pro. And now, as usual, I am having second thoughts about it, because I am the most frugal person in the universe.

The bank took the rest of the Thursday, and half of Friday. We had to schedule appointments with TD representatives. We set up the joint checking account, the savings account and the brokerage account. Then went over to Royal Bank and closed the account there, walked back to TD and finished up business there. We then found out that we do not qualify for a secured line of credit using the minimum deposit amount needed to waive our fees on our checking account, so we proceeded to open up savings account to qualify for a secured credit line to start building up our credit.
We spent a total of about 5 hours in the two branches of the bank, which is absolutely insane, considering that in Estonia, you don't need to sign anything to open up a savings or investment account, and a teller took care of all this business in approximately 10 minutes.

Yesterday we went to the sushi place that our friend James recommended (Tanpopo on 1122 Denman), where we consumed about 40 pieces of sashimi alone.

I also managed to snag a few shots from the downtown area while we were running around doing the banking thing. Here they are:








5 comments:

laura k said...

Welcome to Canada! I'm a little late with my wishes, but they are very heartfelt. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://pesijymuk.maddsites.com/ymaducyt.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I to but I think the collection should prepare more info then it has.